• Facebook Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon

© 2017  Oak Alley Capital All rights Reserved. - 

Proudly created wi By Clevergrit.cm

May 25, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

After Foundation and Just Before Flooring

September 6, 2017

1/2
Please reload

Featured Posts

Jerome Update and Walkthrough 2.0

May 25, 2017

Here’s a quick reveal on the $10 house that we picked up, and what we've been working on for the last six weeks.

 

This is about 95% complete. We still need the appliances to go in, but it's a pretty big difference between what we had before (see previous video blog).

 

This Thursday, we're going to have the photographers come out to give us the before and after photos.

 

Again, this house had squatters in it, and there was just a ton of garbage everywhere.

 

We've repainted the ceiling and the walls, just basic builder. It’s just peel and stick tile, and I got that for about 68 cents a square foot, which was a great deal.  Just went to Home Depot and got the cheap stuff.

 

We had to replace the base cabinets, and though the left one is a bit darker than the one on the right, they didn’t need to be replaced. After we got it all cleaned up, we simply put laminate countertops from Home Depot on as well.

 

If you guys remember, we had a couple of big holes in the wall that are now patched over. This was honestly half the budget of the house right here, was getting our mechanicals in.

 

Fun Fact: Don't trust your handyman when they say, "Hey, I got this covered."

 

They're not going to do it right, or in the case of this furnace, they just didn’t do it at all. A little bit of a learning curve!

 

Regarding the bedrooms, we had a ton garbage, beds, and some bunk beds in the corner.  We had a couple of holes in the wall that we had fixed.

 

Regarding the Master Bedroom, Another unexpected expense that we saved some money on : we went ahead and replaced all the blinds in the house.

 

The bathroom is still okay. We replaced the vanity and replaced the commode.  We resurfaced and simply cleaned up the tubs. A bit of bleach, water, vinegar, and elbow-grease took care of everything. Then we replaced the cabinets and the countertops in as well.

 

I'm going to let you guys know the final numbers next week. I'm going to show you the exact breakdown on everything – if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

Archive
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Social Icon